Call for science teachers
European Schoolnet is soon launching a new web-based project in the area of science, particularly focusing on the topics of materials, chemistry and physics. We are seeking science teachers, who are interested to help European Schoolnet run the project including chats, a competition and easy experiments. We will select one teacher from every EU member country.
Teachers who are interested to join should match the following profile:
- Active teacher of MST (Mathematics, Science or Technology, including environment) in a secondary level school.
- Ability to read and write fluently in English.
- Experience in using ICT, especially in using Internet technology.
- Interest in cooperative work in an international teacher team.
- Creativity in designing chats, competitions and easy going simple experiments.
- Experience in evaluation of competition contributions from pupils.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to the development of the pedagogical background of the project and planning its activities.
- Availability for active project phases from June 2007 – June 2008. Details of activities and the schedule will be negotiated during the application procedure.
Tasks for the teacher are to:
- Disseminate the project to local schools and teachers
- Support the development of pedagogical activities
- Evaluate competition entries from pupils
- Offer email-based support/advice in native language for other teachers
If you are interested, please contact Karl Sarnow (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include a CV which enables us to see the match of your qualifications with our needs.
The deadline for applications is 30.6.2007. Teachers selected will be granted an honorarium for their work.