ELLS Learning Lab: Bringing challenging DNA science topics into the classroom
The registration for the next ELLS Learning Lab "Bringing challenging DNA science topics into the classroom" has been opened. The LearningLAB will be held in Heidelberg, Germany from 29 September to 1 October 2008.
The LearningLAB aims at supporting high school teachers to tackle DNA science related issues in the classroom. Through a range of exciting activities such as seminars, hands-on, educational games and bioinformatics, participants will get insight on DNA technology, its applications and risks, gaining the confidence needed to approach these topics with their students in an integrated and proactive way.
- find out the basics and the last developments on DNA technology;
- learn how to perform modern molecular biology techniques from scientists;
- understand how model organisms can be used to give us insight on gene function;
- get familiar with teaching kits and educational games that present molecular biology topics and techniques in a proactive way;
- get exposed to new ways of promoting discussion on the social, environmental and ethical implications of certain DNA technologies.
Please visit the web site for full course details:
Registration deadline: August 15th 2008