About the Xplora gateway
Xplora is the European gateway to science education. It is aimed at teachers, pupils, scientists, science communicators and science educators.
What can I do on this portal?
• Read science education news, pedagogical tips, ideas for teachers
• Search the database of websites and digital learning resources for science education
• Register to use our tools for creating online communities and join online discussions
• Get insight into innovative practical science approaches and projects
• Obtain guidance on freely available Open Source tools for science education
• Find out about the Pencil and Nucleus projects that support the Xplora portal
To learn more about Xplora you can download and read this article (pdf file - in english).
European Schoolnet – a network of 31 Ministries of Education across Europe - operates the Xplora portal. It is supported by the PENCIL project, a project funded by the European Commission's Directorate General for Research as part of Science and Society. The PENCIL project is part of the wider Nucleus framework, a cluster of science education projects including Europe's major research laboratories. Read more about the PENCIL project here.
Xplora Teachers Group
To stimulate the development, a core group of science teachers has been selected, who are innovative in their pedagogical approach, have a high level of competency in the use of ICT tools and can communicate effectively in international environments.
Project manager and pedagogical coordinator - Alexa Joyce
Web editor - Johanna Snellman
Webmaster - Ivo Šír
Web developers - Mourad Etbaz, Bart Vanhulle, Sylvia Hartinger
System administrator - Dietmar Baur